MRTG (Multi Router Traffic Grapher) is a powerful and versatile open-source network monitoring tool used to track traffic load on network links. Developed by Tobias Oetiker, MRTG is a free, open-source application that uses SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) to measure and monitor network traffic and generate detailed graphical reports.
1. It can monitor wide range of network devices: MRTG is capable of monitoring any SNMP-enabled device, including routers, switches, servers, printers, and more.
2. It can monitor different interfaces: MRTG can monitor multiple interfaces on a single device, and it can also be used to monitor multiple devices at the same time.
3. It can monitor multiple values: MRTG can monitor not only the traffic load, but also other values such as CPU utilization, memory usage, and more.
4. It can generate detailed graphical reports: MRTG can generate detailed graphical reports, including line graphs, bar graphs, and histograms.
5. It can be used to set up alarms: MRTG can be used to set up alarms that can alert the user when a certain value exceeds a certain threshold.
6. It has support for multiple operating systems: MRTG can be used on multiple operating systems, including Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X.
7. It can be used in a distributed environment: MRTG can be used in a distributed environment, allowing multiple users to access the same data.
8. It is easy to install and configure: MRTG is relatively easy to install and configure.
9. It is highly scalable: MRTG is highly scalable, allowing you to monitor as many devices and interfaces as you need.
10. It is highly customizable: MRTG is highly customizable, allowing you to configure the data collection process, the reports, alarms, and more.
MRTG (Multi-Router Traffic Grapher) is an open-source network monitoring and graphing tool. It is used to monitor network traffic and generate graphical reports of the data. In order to use MRTG, the following technical requirements must be met:
• A UNIX or Windows-based operating system such as Linux, FreeBSD, Windows 7, or Windows 10.
• A web server such as Apache or IIS installed on the server.
• SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) enabled on the network devices being monitored.
• Perl 5.6 or higher installed on the server.
• RRDtool (Round-Robin Database Tool) installed on the server.
• A compatible web browser such as Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer.
Effective visual representation of network traffic data.
Supports multiple platforms and devices.
Open-source, allowing customization and improvements.
Does not support real-time monitoring, only periodic snapshots.
Limited to two variables for graphing.
Outdated aesthetics and user interface.
USER REVIEWS AND COMMENTS
MRTG is an open source software that is used primarily for monitoring network bandwidth usage. It is easy to use and setup, and can be used to monitor multiple devices. The software has a web interface, which makes it easy to access and check the data. I have found the graphs generated by MRTG to be very useful in detecting sudden increases in bandwidth usage, allowing me to quickly identify the potential causes. The software also allows for the setting of alert thresholds, so I can be quickly notified if bandwidth usage exceeds a certain level. I have also used MRTG to monitor disk space and CPU utilization on servers. It is a very reliable tool that I would recommend to anyone monitoring their network.
MRTG is an excellent tool for monitorin network traffc, I've used it for severl years and it's always proven reliable and easy to configure.
MRTG offers effective network traffic monitoring and graphing capabilities.
MRTG software is a network monitoring tool that generates graphs showing the traffic flow on network links. It uses SNMP to monitor network devices and can produce daily, weekly, and monthly reports of network usage. The software is open-source and supports multiple platforms. Additionally, it has a web-based interface and can be customized with add-ons and plugins.
MRTG software is a tool that monitors and reports network traffic and usage.
Allows easy monitoring of network traffic and performance over time.
Reliable for network monitoring, sometimes complex configuration.