PRTG Network Monitor is a professional and powerful network monitoring program. The program is also able to monitor the network in active/passive mode, tracks the amount of traffic used, packets transmitted over the network, conduct in-depth analysis and create an accurate report on the work done. The program is equipped with an intuitive interface, so users can easily configure the network devices they want to monitor.
All known methods of data transmission over the network are supported: SNMP and WMI, the program is able to recognize packets and NetFlow. PRTG Network Monitor supports more than 30 network protocols (e.g. PING, HTTP, SMTP, POP3, FTP, etc.), which allows the user to monitor the networks for information transfer rate and detect errors. If the program detects a failure, it will automatically send you an error message by email or SMS.
The program also knows how to perform tasks to optimize connections and prevent disconnections, all these data are entered into an internal database. Note: If you need to monitor more than 10 devices at a time, you will need a commercial version of the program.
Easy installation and practicality:
- automatic network search;
- has predefined settings as well as a recommended set of options for different devices;
- the program has a lot of functional program with a customizable interface.
Architecture and functionality:
- a modern and powerful software mechanism;
- contains up to 10,000 indicators.
Network monitoring functions:
- Monitor network performance with SNMP, NetFlow and packet inspection;
- More than 35 types of indicators for complete monitoring of small, medium and large networks including WMI, PING, HTTP, SNMP, SMTP, POP3, FTP.