Apache, PHP and MySQL are the basic components for developing an Internet resource. Only professionals and webmasters can handle the installation of these tools on a computer, but for them the installation and configuration process can become difficult and take valuable time. To avoid this, you can simply download an application called VertrigoServ that will help you create a local server with many tools. The application includes Apache, MySQL, PHP and Xdebug modules that are installed simultaneously at installer startup. The application does not have a full graphical interface, so it works in the system tray and allows you to access all its functions and settings from the context menu. Clicking on the icon in the system tray shows the available modules and the corresponding configuration files. Any of the server components can be started and stopped at any time.
In the "Log" section of the menu, you can view the log of errors that have occurred during the server operation. On the settings panel you will find buttons for exporting settings and database files to the specified location on the hard drive, displaying a brief help on working with the program, providing quick access to folders for storing the local site, setting up individual application options, etc. All settings can be password protected against unauthorized access. How does VertrigoServ differ from other similar programs? First of all, it is easy to operate through a minimalist visual interface. All settings are not written in a text file, but are simply checked in the corresponding fields.
Initially, the application is intended for displaying only one site, the files of which are located in the root of the folder called www. Therefore, in order to use several virtual hosts, you need to carefully study the settings menu and set the necessary values. Due to the fact that all necessary components for correct server operation are united in one installer, all components are installed in one directory, which provides convenient navigation. The uninstaller allows you to quickly remove VertrigoServ from your hard drive without leaving any traces in the registry.
- has a small size;
- is a ready-made build to create a local server;
- is safe for the system (because it contains the latest versions of products);
- easy to install and use;
- is compatible with all major versions of Windows;
- allows you to easily set the necessary settings by clicking on the desired segment;
- is absolutely free to use (including for commercial purposes);
- is fully localized into Russian;
- Controls the components via a visual interface;
- leaves no trace in the registry after removal;
- allows you to continuously monitor the status of the running server due to the active tray panel;
- provides a quick start, restart and shutdown of the server;
- allows you to start working immediately after installation;
- is suitable for both experienced and novice users.