Resource Hacker is a utility for working with resources packaged in executable files. It includes a full set of tools for editing resources: compilation, viewing, decompiling and recompiling resources of 32-bit and 64-bit Windows executable files (*.exe; *.dll; *.scr; *.mui and so on). Resource Hacker can save, add, modify or delete individual resources from these files, as well as create and compile .rs scripts and edit .res files.
For ordinary users Reshacker will be interesting first of all as a convenient program for extracting icons, cursors, pictures from programs and in some cases audio and video files. For programmers, localizers, and people who understand why they need this program, Resource Hacker offers more opportunities, from translating programs into other languages to changing the interface and other functions. The program has a dialog editor and the ability to add new controls from Microsoft CommonControl classes. The utility provides an opportunity to work and compile through the command line using .rc scripts that are similar in style to the "C" language with additional parameters and directives (for example, #DEFINE, #UNDEF, #IF, #ELIF, #ELIF, #ELSE and so on).
- ability to open and view resources packed in executable files;
- When the file is opened, most resources will be displayed as an image or as decompilation text;
- ability to save resources in different formats from text and graphic to binary (.bin);
- possibility to use the built-in editor to change text resources;
- possibility of editing dialog boxes;
- the ability to add new controls;
- the ability to work with the command line;
- scripting support;
- the program is completely free and does not contain advertising;