Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics is a program that collects technical information about your hard drive, performs its diagnostics and is able to fix some problems. However, the last two features are only available for Western Digital HDDs.
Disk testing can take place in fast and advanced modes. Both involve obtaining SMART data and analyzing the file structure structure. Upon completion of the tests Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics will provide information about the "health" of the disk and point out all the identified problems. In addition, basic information will be collected, including the model of the hard drive, its capacity and serial number. In addition to testing the entire disk, it is possible to test individual partitions.
Another important purpose of the program is to completely delete the information on the disk without the possibility of its subsequent recovery. And this function also has fast and advanced modes. We strongly recommend the use of a second one, during which all data values are replaced by zeros. At the moment, this is the most reliable way to permanently delete certain information.
In general, the only serious drawback of Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics is its general "sluggishness". Separate, large-volume media tests can take up to several hours to complete. Many programs for hard disk maintenance "sin" like this. The benefit of Western Digital's solution is that it doesn't overburden your computer, allowing you to use your computer in parallel to the testing process.
- Collection of technical information and diagnostics of hard disk operation;
- display of SMART data;
- Automatic troubleshooting of some issues (Western Digital HDD only);
- fast and advanced testing modes;
- Identification of "broken" sectors;
- General information about the health of the hard drive;
- the ability to work with individual sections;
- Complete data deletion without the possibility of further data recovery.