WhySoSoSlow is a program that helps to identify factors that reduce computer performance and leads to the appearance of "friezes". It monitors the CPU's current speed, temperature, load, system memory usage and drive fragmentation. In addition, the program determines the responsiveness of the system kernel (Kernel) and individual applications. All this data should be sufficient to identify the reasons why the computer is not working "to its full potential. You may also need information on the BIOS response rate, swap file usage, power settings, running processes and software versions for the various components. All this data is also provided by WhySoSlow.
In addition to monitoring, the program also performs system management functions. It includes an alternative process manager and a task viewer. Generally speaking, there are quite a lot of items in the "Tools" section, but they are basically just "references" to standard means of WhySoSlow (defragmenter, uninstaller and so on).
Also, the program may be useful for collecting basic information about the computer, to obtain it, you need to refer to the section "SysInfo". But in the "Alarm" section you can set up notifications about system malfunctions. For example, working in the background, WhySoSlow will be able to notify you of critical processor temperature, strong fragmentation of system media and other "anomalies".
This program is absolutely free and will be useful for those who want to maintain high speed of the operating system.
- Ability to monitor processor speed, load and temperature;
- Determine the response rate of the system kernel and individual applications;
- collecting basic information about the computer;
- notifications of system malfunctions;
- an alternative process manager to help with hang-ups and problems with the standard Windows Task Manager;
- Possibility to manage monitoring tools using hot keys.