ZIPX is an application designed to create and edit archives with encryption. The graphical interface is simple and well organized. The toolbar allows you to create a new ZIP archive (several compression methods are supported, including Deflate64, PPMD, BZip2, LZMA or WavPack), extract or add new files to it.
One of the main advantages of ZIPX is that it supports a wide range of file formats (ZIP, ZIPX, 7ZIP, RAR, TAR, TGZ, ARC and so on). In addition, the application displays a list of all files included in the archive (files over 4GB are supported without problems). The application can be used to separate and encrypt archives, add comments or convert to ZIP-SFX format. The program can check the archives for errors and generate hash files (MD5, SHA1 and CRC32). The application also supports Shell integration, automatic capture of the archive and favorite files, as well as printing and distribution of files.
In general, ZIPX is an archive management tool that offers improved compression and encryption capabilities. The ease of use, as well as the variety of supported formats, makes this application unique among a number of similar programs.
- support for all compression methods, including PPMd, BZip2, LZMA, WavPack and Deflate64;
- support for PKZip encryption standard, and other encryption methods (AES, DES, Triple DES, RC2, RC4).
- support for digital certificate encryption;
- support for file extraction using WinZip encryption methods;
- Encoding of files in UU Enc format for transmission over the Internet;
- Automatic recovery of damaged ZIP archives;
- Creation of self-extracting archives (SFX) from an existing ZIP file. It is also possible to convert ZIP SFX to a regular ZIP archive.