Audacity is an easy-to-use and functional audio editor. With this program you can record sound, edit WAV, MP3 and OGG files, and digitize audio from analogue media. Audacity allows you to write sound from the microphone, and in the case of some sound cards - capture streaming audio broadcasts. Supports export and import of OGG, WAV, FLAC, AU and AIFF files. Using third-party libraries, the program can import MPEG, GSM, WMA, AC3, AAC and other files. Audacity users can cut tracks, copy and paste parts of them onto the audio track, apply effects of gradual fading and volume increase, noise removal, equalizer, compression, normalization, reverberation, etc. The function of removing the vocals from the track is supported (with some restrictions). There is support for plug-ins, hotkeys and options for composition analysis (spectrogram, etc.). Audacity can work with 16-bit, 24-bit and 32-bit sound.
Recording:Audacity can record audio from a microphone or mixer, as well as digitize tapes and vinyl. Audacity can record streaming audio (from the Internet) with some sound cards. Up to 16 channels can be recorded at the same time if the equipment is available.
Import and export: Import the audio files to edit or merge them with other recordings. The finished material can be exported to several popular audio formats.
- import and export of WAV, AIFF, AU, and Ogg Vorbis files;
- Import of MPEG (including MP2 and MP3);
- Opening RAW files using the "Import Raw" command.
- Easy editing using operations such as copying, cutting, pasting, and deleting;
- the opportunity to go back one step, or forward. These operations can be used an unlimited number of times.
- pitch change without changing the tempo and vice versa;
- removal of noise, humming and other recording defects.
- Writing and editing 16-bit, 24-bit and 32-bit samples;
- a 96 kHz record.
- Add new effects with LADSPA plugins;
- Download VST plug-ins for Windows and Mac.