AutoCAD Electrical is the industry standard for electrical system design. Being one of many versions of the popular package, AutoCAD Electrical is not much inferior to the "original" in terms of functionality, but offers several additional tools that will help you work on the drawings of electrical circuits. AutoCAD Electrical supports the same specifications and standards as other software solutions in the AutoCAD "family".
The most useful tool which developers from Autodesk have introduced in the program - the convenient manager of components of a chain. It provides a quick search for the right component by category and "tag". You can change the tag to your own if you want to, so you can quickly find the right item in the future. Initial base AutoCAD Electrical contains any inconceivable quantity of the components used for construction of a network. Each of them has a properties window with a good dozen tabs and hundreds of points.
The program also has several useful automation tools. For example, AutoCAD Electrical can make its own cable and wire connections between components and synchronize changes between design teams. Naturally, given CAD knows how to make the technical documentation under the created drawings and to export it in popular formats.
Functions AutoCAD Electrical is limited by creation of 2D-drawings, but close integration with Autodesk Inventor, allows to build easily on their basis 3D-models. However, the Inventor license must be purchased separately.
- belonging to the AutoCAD "family", thanks to which the program supports all relevant standards and specifications;
- the possibility of creating 2D-drawings for electrical circuits of any complexity;
- a ready-made base with thousands of chain components;
- an extensive window with settings and properties for each component;
- integration with Autodesk Inventor which allows to build 3D-models on the basis of the created drawings.