Avira AntiVir Server is a first-class antivirus program that provides continuous protection for Windows servers. It consists of the Avira AntiVir server service and the AntiVir server console. The Avira AntiVir server service protects your Windows server from viruses and malware.
The AntiVir Server Console is used for administration, management and monitoring of servers in need of protection, or AntiVir services on servers in need of protection. You can access a number of servers via the AntiVir server console. The Avira Resident server service runs in the background and monitors all operations.
The Microsoft Management Console (MMC) has administrative tools that you can use when administering networks, computers, services and other system components. Avira AntiVir Server - the best server antivirus!
- console for monitoring, administration and management of the entire program;
- Simple, keyword-based configuration: configuration support through an integrated assistant or context-sensitive help system;
- Configuration and operation from a separate computer is possible: the desktop (AntiVir server console) can be installed separately from the AntiVir server service;
- Network administration via the Avira Security Management Center (SMC);
- Scanner (direct or on-demand scanning) with configurable scanning and variable profile for all known types of viruses and malware;
- Continuous virus protection (real-time or on-demand) for continuous monitoring of all file accesses;
- High level of detection of viruses and malware through innovative scanning technology (scanning engine) based on heuristic scanning method;
- Innovative AHeAD (Advanced Heuristic Analysis and Detection) technology to detect unknown or rapidly changing attacking programs to provide proactive protection;
- Identification of all standard types of archives, including nested archives and smart identification of extensions;
- Comprehensive file filtering and caching functions to increase scanning speed;
- Multitasking: the ability to scan multiple files simultaneously at high speed;
- Customizable response to detected elements: fix, delete, quarantine, block, rename and isolate from programs or files, automatic removal of viruses and malware;
- Quarantine control: infected files can be deleted to the quarantine directory or saved in their original location;
- A comprehensive scheduler to run a single or periodic scan or update;
- automatic update via Internet or network protocol (without interrupting the system);
- Authorization, alerts and messages for the administrator; sending alerts via Windows network or by e-mail (SMTP), SMTP authentication is possible;
- protection against modifications of program files by means of intensive self-testing;
- Possibility to work on a 32-bit platform of Microsoft Windows Server 2003, version x64 inclusive, scanning on demand;
- Extended support for the terminal server.