Krita is one of the most advanced free drawing solutions, which also has open source code. The program is particularly popular with beginners and professional artists, illustrators, comic book creators and even game designers. The application allows you to work comfortably with layers and channels, offers the user a huge selection of brushes, allows you to configure their basic parameters and even create new brushes "from scratch". Like any similar software solution, which is also aimed at professionals, Krita is able to work with most popular models of drawing tablets and touch screen.
Among other positive aspects of Krita it is necessary to note support of CMYK, drawing in HDR mode, adjustment of a grid taking into account the prospects, the built in assistant at drawing, and also the big arsenal of graphic effects for styling of work under a water colour, oil and so on. The finished work can be saved in PNG, JPEG, PPM, PSD, TIFF and even as a PDF document. The Krita interface is quite typical for programs of this kind. It consists of the main editing window and freely moveable toolbars.
- makes it possible to manage layers and channels comfortably;
- offers a huge selection of brushes and allows you to create them yourself;
- allows you to save ready-made works in most popular graphic formats (including PSD and PDF);
- has a typical interface for such programs;
- has open source code and is distributed completely free of charge.