Codecs are no less important part of the software installed on a PC than, for example, the operating system. The fact that the presence or absence of codecs depends on whether the computer will be able to display video and play audio files. Many people often find it difficult to view video files in MKV and MKA formats. These formats, which were not widely used in the past, have recently become increasingly popular. This can be explained by the fact that Matroska files retain their excellent quality with their low "weight". However, the compression used in this format requires additional decryption, codec installation, and creates additional difficulties for media players.
To get the possibility to view files of this format, just download and install the Matroska Pack Full driver package. This software is also useful for comfortable and trouble-free opening of DivX, XviD, WMV and MPEG-4. During the installation of this software, you can select the filters you need, provided that you are an experienced user. If you continue with the default settings, you will get a fairly complete and "smart" set of filters (such as FFDShow, VSFilter, MPEG2 Decoder, WavPack, FLAC, TTA, MatroskaDiag, Matroska Shell Extension, MKVMuxer and RealSplitter). Decoders for DivX, XviD, WMV, Vorbis, AAC and AAC + SBR are among the codecs included in Matroska Pack Full. It is possible to enable subtitles using VSFilter.
The interface is designed in a minimalistic style, without any excesses. All working windows are in the tones of the standard Windows theme. The program is a great alternative to overloaded unnecessary codec-packages and contains only the most popular filters for video processing. While testing the utility there were no special drawbacks, but when booting from the 64-bit version of Windows there appear various types of hangs and errors.
- Enables clear playback of any file format in a variety of DirectShow-enabled media players;
- supports FLAC audio format without loss of sound quality;
- includes only the most necessary codecs without any extra software;
- has a compact size despite the fact that it includes many codecs;
- has a built-in module that allows you to attach subtitles to video;
- supports HD decoding;
- provides excellent image quality thanks to the built-in ffdshow decoder;
- has flexible settings for each codec;
- The interface is easy to understand and designed in a familiar Windows style.