Mendeley is a kind of scientific publication aggregator and bibliographic data manager with social network functions for scientists. The program is free of charge and supports most operating systems, besides it supports work through the web-interface.
After installation and registration, the user will have access to a huge and constantly growing library of scientific works, will be able to publish their works or add interesting works to their library. All actions are synchronized through the cloud storage, 2 Gigabytes are available for free to the user. Moreover, you can create groups and work together with colleagues on a single project, or join any existing open group in the network.
Mendeley can also be integrated into most popular text editors and used as a bibliographic data manager. You can use the program to quote or refer to publications and create lists of literature. A large number of styles and design standards are included for this purpose. For example, it is possible to issue bibliographic data according to GOST-R-7.0-11-2011, which may be useful in the process of registration of dissertations.
The interface won't cause any difficulties in mastering how to work with most of the tools can be understood intuitively.
- a unified database of scientific publications;
- the opportunity to publish and promote their scientific works;
- the ability to add materials for further reading;
- the ability to create groups to work together;
- the opportunity to join open groups;
- cloud synchronization;
- integration into text editors and work with bibliographic data;
- A large number of bibliographic data styles;
- plugin support;
- has a web interface and a browser extension.