Microsoft Touch Pack
The Microsoft Touch Pack
is a collection of applications designed to help users interact with their computers using touch gestures on Windows 7-based systems. The Touch Pack is designed to take advantage of the latest advances in touch-enabled hardware, such as multi-touch screens, to make the user experience smoother and more intuitive.
The Microsoft Touch Pack provides a way to interact with Windows 8 in a more immersive and tactile way.
The Microsoft Touch Pack includes six applications that are designed to demonstrate the possibilities of touch computing:
1. Microsoft Surface Globe: This application lets users explore the world by spinning a globe with their fingers. Users can zoom in on specific locations and learn more about them.
2. Microsoft Blackboard: This application is a virtual whiteboard that allows users to draw, write, and manipulate objects with their fingers.
3. Microsoft Garden Pond: This application is a virtual pond where users can create and manipulate a virtual environment by adding fish, plants, and other objects.
4. Microsoft Rebound: This application is a virtual game of pool where users can shoot balls around the table and try to get them into the pockets.
5. Microsoft Surface Collage: This application allows users to create virtual collages from photos and other images.
6. Microsoft Surface Lagoon: This application is a virtual environment where users can create and manipulate objects, such as plants and fish, in a 3D environment.
The Microsoft Touch Pack is designed to be easy to use and intuitive. All of the applications are designed to recognize multiple touch points, allowing users to perform complex gestures with their fingers. Additionally, the applications are designed to recognize handwriting, so users can write directly on the screen. The applications also feature a variety of customization options, so users can make the experience their own.
The Microsoft Touch Pack is available as a free download from the Windows 7 Marketplace, and is compatible with all Windows 7-based systems. The applications can also be installed on systems that support the Windows 8 operating system.