Mp3tag is a universal tag editor for various audio file formats. Mp3tag is a powerful yet easy-to-use tool for editing metadata (ID3, Vorbis Comments and APE) of conventional audio formats. Mp3tag will allow you to rename files with their own tags. In the source file names, you can easily replace characters or words using the information stored in the audio tags. The program can also import and export tags, create playlists, and much more.
The program supports online search of the FreeDB database. This allows you to automatically collect accurate tag information for your favorite files.
- the ability to simultaneously add ID3v1.1-, ID3v2-, APEv2-Tags and Vorbis comments to multiple files;
- automatic playlist creation;
- the ability to delete part or all of the tag of multiple files;
- renaming files based on the information stored in the tags;
- import of tags from file names;
- formatting of tags and file names;
- Replace characters or words from tags and file names;
- Export user-defined tags (such as html, rtf, csv, xml)
- Import of tags from online databases (also by text search);
- import of tags from the local database.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac);
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac);
- Monkey's Audio (ape);
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3);
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a);
- Musepack (mpc);
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg);
- OptimFROG (ofr);
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs);
- Speex (spx);
- True Audio (tta);
- Windows Media Audio (wma);
- WavPack (wv).