PostgreSQL is a free database management system that has been in existence for more than 15 years and in its long period of "life" has managed to gain great popularity among users. It allows you to work with a variety of data types, including SQL92 and SQL99. PostgreSQL also supports large databases that store "heavy" media files. The environment includes C++, Perl, Ruby, .NET, Java and many others. You will find detailed documentation for working with the system in the "delivery" package. Among its other features, it is worth mentioning the possibility of expansion with additional modules, as well as a powerful replication mechanism. It is also worth mentioning that the system is distributed completely free of charge.
- supports databases of any size;
- is fully expandable and scalable;
- supports many software interfaces;
- has a reliable replication mechanism;
- is distributed completely free of charge.