is an open-source simulation package for Python
. It is an object-oriented, process-based discrete-event simulation language primarily used for simulating discrete-event systems such as networks, queues, and supply chains. SimPy
is designed to be easy to use and understand, while simultaneously being powerful enough to create complex models.
SimPy enables efficient modelling, simulation and analysis of processes and systems over time.
SimPy has a number of features which make it a powerful and versatile simulation package:
• Object-oriented Process-based Discrete-Event Simulation: SimPy is object-oriented, process-based, and discrete-event. This makes it well-suited to modeling complex and dynamic systems.
• Event Scheduling: SimPy’s event scheduling system allows users to easily simulate the timing of events.
• Python-Based: SimPy is written in Python, making it easy to use and understand.
• Resource Management: SimPy includes tools for managing resources such as machines, queues, and networks.
• Data Analysis: SimPy includes tools for analyzing simulation data and producing reports.
• Flexible Modeling: SimPy allows users to customize and extend their models to fit their specific needs.
• High Performance: SimPy is designed to be fast and efficient, allowing users to quickly simulate large and complex systems.
• Platform Support: SimPy runs on most major operating systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux.
• Extensive Documentation: SimPy includes extensive documentation and tutorials to help users get started with their simulations.
• Open Source: SimPy is open source, allowing users to freely view, modify, and distribute their models.
• Support: SimPy includes support for both novice and experienced users.