The program is suitable for both programmers and ordinary users who lack the functionality of the standard Notepad included in Windows. Among the main features of UltraEdit is the ability to quickly open large files (2 GB and more), a convenient preview option, which allows you to easily navigate in large documents (such an option is implemented in graphical editors). The program improves the visual perception of the code, using the illumination of functions and blocks in different colors, the ability to minimize code parts. The editing window can be divided into two vertical or four combined parts and work with each part as a separate file. It is possible to check spelling, automatically substitute frequently used words, support regular expressions and record/play macros to automate the work.
UltraEdit offers advanced text and code editing with syntax highlighting, making it ideal for programmers.
The interface of the program is simple and can be flexibly adjusted to your needs. A couple of other UltraEdit editor utilities are FTP support for file sharing or any other purpose, and there is a built-in SSH/Telnet client. The editor is not very demanding in terms of resources.
- to minimize the code;
- UNICODE support;
- Disk-based text editing - supports files over 4 GB, minimal use of RAM;
- support for checking writing in multiple languages;
- Syntax highlighting - configurable, pre-configured for C/C++, VB, HTML, Java and Perl, with special options for Fortran and LaTex;
- Built-in FTP client for access to FTP servers. Automatically logs in and saves files. Support for SFTP (SSH2);
- project and workspace support;
- configurable shortcuts;
- Column/Blocks editing modes;
- hexadecimal (HEX) editor - allows you to edit any binary file, ASCII mode;
- named patterns;
- HTML toolbar pre-configured for popular functions;
- Multibyte string support with integrated IME support;
- to turn around and turn everything around;
- support for up to 20 languages;
- ASP support;
- Setting the background color;
- support for enabling syntax highlighting at the beginning of the file content;
- support for enabling syntax highlighting by file name and file extension;
- colored sections can be named;
- number converter (converting a number to binary, octal, decimal or hexadecimal);
- automatic correction of keywords;
- regular expressions for search and replacement;
- automatic selection of brackets/braces and automatic determination of the string start position;
- reformatting existing code.