GoldWave is equipped with all the features you need to meet all your needs, from simple sound recording and editing to complex sound processing, recovery, improvement and conversion. GoldWave Editor is easy to learn and use, and very flexible to set up. Almost every function can be assigned its own hotkey.
The program allows you to record from any source that supports the computer - from a microphone, line input or record system sound. Sound editing is performed by such basic commands as cutting, copying, pasting, replacing and re-recording. GoldWave has many sound effects and also allows you to adjust high or low frequencies with the equalizer, and even equalize the volume level with the Auto Gain function.
A useful feature of this editor is the ability to remaster and restore sound from old vinyl records or from film. Noise reduction and special filters can be used to remove clicks, buzz and hissing from the sound. You can analyze sound with spectrograms, level and signal charts, and other useful charts.
The editor is equipped with a collection of other useful tools. For example, with one of them you can make a copy of the CD, or merge several files into one with File Merger, or even generate your own sounds with another tool. All major audio formats are supported, including iTunes Plus, m4a, wav, wma, mp3, ogg, aiff, au, vox, and FLAC.
- convenient interface for simultaneous work with several files in one session;
- the ability to work with large files: 4GB or more (NTFS only);
- High quality: 24 bit, 192kHz;
- real-time process visualization;
- fast, non-destructive editing;
- a lot of options to undo;
- Many effects: distortion, echo, level filtering, offset, inversion, channel mixer and more;
- Preview and analysis function with presets;
- Automatic audio cleaning filters: noise reduction, click removal, smoothing, etc;
- support for a variety of formats: wav, mp3, ogg, aiff, au, vox, mat, snd, voc, FLAC and others;
- audio-CD reader;
- The next generation of WMA and MP4/M4A compression plug-ins
- Ability to batch process data and convert;
- editing the wave with the mouse;
- Drag-and-drop support;
- customizable control panel;
- automatic recording timer;
- user-friendly interface;
- customizable hotkeys;
- great price and free updates.