With HTTrack you can easily create copies of any website on your computer by downloading all their files to your hard drive. It is distributed free of charge, under a GPL license, and has versions for most popular operating systems.
The program is very easy to manage, to simply download the site just select "New Project", enter the address and place to save. If you want to detail the download, HTTrack has extensive settings that allow you to customize all the nuances. For large sites with multiple pages, you can specify the depth (the number of inward jumps relative to the home page within a single address) and the loading level of pages to which external links lead. It is also possible to set up what types of files will be loaded and what types of files will be ignored, the structure and format of name saving. It supports the mode of automatic checking and updating of the local copy, in this case you will get a kind of standalone mirror of the site.
Download speed is high enough, as it is carried out simultaneously in several streams (with the ability to adjust their number, commensurate with the capacity of your computer and the bandwidth of the Internet connection). You can also define the actions of the program at the end of the download: disconnect the connection, start a new project or shut down the computer.
- versions are available for Windows, Linux, Sun Solaris, and other Unix systems;
- multilingual interface for Windows and Linux (27 languages);
- the program is free and there is a possibility of downloading the source code;
- quick update of previously downloaded sites and resumption of downloads in case of interruption;
- Filtering of files by type, location of references, depth structure, file size;
- Setting the waiting time and minimum download speed for skipping very slow sites;
- support for multiple simultaneous connections;
- HTTP compression (gzip);
- Proxy support for maximum download speed;
- integrated DNS cache and much more...