IP-TV Player is a program for convenient viewing of IP-TV for those to whom the provider provides this service. The program is based on the famous VideoLAN VLC and represents its more convenient shell. Besides, IP-TV Player is recommended to providers as a ready-made solution for users - installation and automatic configuration for IPTV clients with the help of IP-TV Player takes place in a few clicks.
In addition to viewing channels, recording is also possible. Moreover, recording in IP-TV Player is just a recording, i.e. it is a simple copying of the received data to the hard disk without any load on the processor. With sufficient bandwidth of the subscriber line, the program allows you to simultaneously record several other channels while watching one channel (unless the provider, of course, does not block such a possibility).
IPTV (also known as DVB-IP or TVoIP) is NOT Internet Television. It only uses this data transmission protocol to send video content, but is not connected to the Internet. The IPTV service is provided by YOUR PROVIDER, transmitting video streams through its transport network, followed by viewing the channels on a computer or a special set-top box (Set-Top Box). IPTV resembles regular cable television, only it comes into the house not through a coaxial cable, but through the same channel as the Internet (Ethernet). If your provider does not provide this service or only through a set-top box, you do not need IP-TV Player. Also, if the provider encrypts the channels, the player will be useless for you, too.
- viewing open (unencrypted) threads of http, udp-multicast, etc;
- partially supports TV tuners via WDM driver;
- separate settings for each channel;
- possibility of recording a stream into a file (without recoding);
- customizable OSD at the bottom of the video window;
- a list of channels in the video window;
- support hotkeys for video management;
- TV program support in JTV format (automatic download, unpacking, matching, export to HTML);
- recording/viewer scheduler;
- Background recording of any number of channels (limited only by bandwidth).