is a cross-platform Java executable wrapper for creating lightweight Windows native executables. It wraps jars in native executables and allows them to be distributed as single files. It also provides advanced JRE search, application startup configuration and better user experience.
Launch4j allows developers to quickly and easily create native cross-platform executables for their Java applications.
• Cross-Platform: Launch4j
is a cross-platform tool that can be used on both Windows and Linux systems. It can wrap jars in native executables for both operating systems.
• Native Executable: Launch4j creates native Windows executables which are small and lightweight. This makes them easy to distribute and deploy.
• JRE Search: Launch4j provides advanced JRE search capabilities. It can search for a suitable JRE version installed on the computer or download it from a remote server.
• Application Configuration: Launch4j allows for application configuration before launching the jar. This includes setting application name, version, icon, splash screen, and other settings.
• User Experience: Launch4j provides a better user experience than running the jar directly. It can provide an application icon, custom error messages and more.
• Support: Launch4j provides excellent customer support. There is a support forum, documentation, and a mailing list. The developers are also very active in providing bug fixes and updates.
• Open Source: Launch4j is open source and free to use. It is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License.
• Easy to Use: Launch4j is very easy to use. It has a graphical user interface which makes it easy to configure and create executables.
• Integration: Launch4j can be integrated with other applications such as Ant, Maven, and Hudson.
• Compatible: Launch4j is compatible with the latest versions of Java, including Java 8.
• Security: Launch4j provides security features such as digital signatures and code obfuscation.
• Extensibility: Launch4j is extensible and can be customized to meet specific requirements.