MobaXterm is a program designed for remote administration of computers and servers connected to the same network. With its help, advanced users and system administrators can perform almost any operation with remote systems. The terminal integrated into the program allows to execute Unix commands by means of Bash shell scripts. MobaXterm also includes a macro tool that can be run simultaneously on multiple systems.
For convenient administration of a large number of machines, the program provides a convenient tab interface and session manager. The main window of the program can be switched to the mode of operation with one, two, three and four terminals simultaneously. It also provides a huge number of other parameters of the main window appearance, session menu and open terminals. Open, memorized when exiting MobaXterm and restored when restarted. They can be grouped and dragged freely to the desired location on the panel.
Connection to remote computers and servers is carried out via FTP, SFTP, SSH, Telnet, RDP, VNC, XDMCP and Rlogin. When installing the connection, MobaXterm opens an extensive window with session settings. There, users can configure access rights and basic security settings.
Among the important features of the program, it is worth noting the built-in X11-server, plugins support and the availability of a portable version.
- allows remote administration of servers and computers;
- makes it possible to execute Unix commands through the Bash shell;
- can handle SSH, RDP, VNC, Telnet, SFTP, FTP, Rlogin and XDMCP protocols;
- the program includes an X11 server;
- has a convenient tabbed interface and a convenient session manager;
- MobaXterm functionality can be extended with plugins.