Openfire is a real-time communication server that is distributed under the Open Source GPL and commercial license. It uses the widely used XMPP (Jabber) instant messaging protocol. The program supports clustering technology, which provides the launch of Openfire on several PCs included in one XMPP domain. Computers with Openfire running are automatically organized into one cluster. Thus, high availability and improved scalability are achieved. During the load tests, excellent stability was achieved using half a million computers that sent many packets of data in a cluster consisting of only two nodes.
Openfire also has a nice SparkWeb add-on. It allows you to connect to the Openfire server directly from your website.
Openfire provides high-quality real-time communication with excellent stability and improved scalability.
- easy-to-configure server;
- High safety and excellent performance;
- use of XMPP (Jabber) protocol;
- clustering support;
- web-based administration panel;
- SSL/TSL support;
- the ability to work with the database;
- support for LDAP connection, to use pictures as an avatar;
- Full integration with Spark IM.