Operating system: Windows
Release : eMule 0.50B Beta 1
Antivirus check: passed
Last revision: Last week
eMule is a client for file exchange on eDonkey2000 (ed2k) based networks. It allows you to connect not only to official eDoneky2000 clients, but also to any other clients using this protocol.
Some factors that affect the download speed:
firewall and router settings;
the duration of the session;
the number of file sources to be downloaded;
Availability of individual parts of the file for download;
the popularity of the download.
Incorrect settings in eMule (wrong limits, too many connections), low ID and short sessions have a negative impact on download speed. Very popular files (new releases) and files with a low number of sources or low distribution speed also cause the download level to decrease.
Currently, the popularity of file exchange via ed2k networks is declining, giving way to torrents. To work with torrent networks, you will need programs such as BitTorrent or MediaGet.
- eMule clients use multiple networks to create a single secure network (ED2K, Source Exchange, Kad);
- kad is in the open testing phase, eMule v0.42 can be configured to use Kad;
- The queue and loan system guarantees faster receipt of the file by those who distribute the most to the network;
- the program is free and completely free of any Adware, Spyware, etc;
- each file is checked during upload to avoid download errors;
- eMules Intelligent Corruption Control helps to repair damaged parts more quickly;
- Automatic priorities and source management allow you to run multiple downloads without having to personally control them all;
- The Preview feature allows you to view videos and archives before they are fully downloaded;
- eMule has web services and a web server that allow you to manage your customer via the Internet or from your mobile phone (the phone must support Java);
- you can create categories for your downloads to sort them out;
- In order to find the file you are looking for, the program offers a wide range of search options that include: servers (local and global), WWW (Jigle, FileDonkey), Kad network search;
- The application also allows you to use very sophisticated Boolean searches that make it much more flexible;
- It is possible to send messages to other users and make your own list of friends;
- has a built-in IRC client.