CCleaner decrypts as Crap Cleaner, which literally translates as a garbage collector. The program searches for unused, unnecessary and temporary files on a PC. In particular, excessive cookies, browser caches, temporary network files, saved Windows search strings, everything in the shopping cart and other stuff are removed.
To ensure that nothing important is accidentally deleted during the global cleanup procedure, CCleaner has a built-in file search function for most well-known applications, such as Opera, Chrome IE, Media Player, Winamp, AIMP, WinRAR, WinZIP, and Nero and Alcohol 120% images. Also, files and corrupted Chkdsk fragments, Windows memory dump files, Prefetch data should be deleted. It is useful to use the Windows registry cleanup function. The program will rid the registry of old dll libraries, unnecessary extensions, incorrect paths (incorrectly deleted applications) and other information that will inevitably accumulate on any PC over time. The procedure for clearing the registry is secure, so that Ccleaner will not be able to disrupt the system. Cleaning up the accumulated garbage on the hard disk and the Windows registry as a whole will not only clear up the space, but will also add a little bit of performance to the system.
- Clearing of unnecessary information of system components (browser, trash, clipboard, logs, lists and history of OS, damaged files, etc.);
- cleaning the system cache;
- Cleaning of individual programs;
- Cleaning the Windows registry;
- safe removal that won't damage the system in any way;
- Confidential erasure in several cycles, which will not allow you to recover data from the disk.