Tampermonkey is a free extension for popular browsers, which is the manager of custom scripts. It provides a convenient environment for writing your own scripts and can install them "from the outside". Many web services of various kinds offer their own scripts for Tampermonkey, which help to change the appearance of pages, download video/music, automate various tasks and so on. In addition, the expansion has a very active community. Its participants share various useful scripts (often completely free) directly on the official website, from where they can be downloaded by anyone. In general, those who are not able to create scripts independently, will be able to take advantage of ready-made solutions. The important thing is to find exactly what you need.
As mentioned earlier, Tampermonkey not only allows you to create scripts, but also to manage them. If scripts have been added to the extension from external sources or from the official website, Tampermonkey will be able to automatically check for updates for them. You can also sort scripts by categories, assign hotkeys to their execution and edit them if necessary.
Tampermonkey has its own pop-up panel that displays all running scripts. The extension is available for Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge and Safari browsers. In addition, the developer is developing versions for mobile browsers Dolphin and UC Browser, which are currently in beta testing.
- has versions for all popular browsers;
- includes a convenient code editor with a basic set of functions;
- provides links to resources from which you can download ready-made scripts;
- supports automatic checking of script updates;
- Almost all ready-made solutions for Tampermonkey can be downloaded and used absolutely free of charge;
- for using the extension itself, the developers are also not asking for money.